State bank of India (SBI) has come up with a recruitment notification stating 17140 Junior Associates under Customer Support and Sales departments. There are 10726 current vacancies, 3218 Backlog vacancies and 188 posts in Meghalaya & Kashimt Valley. All the banking job applicants are advised to apply against SBI Jr Associate posts within closed date i.e., 25th April 2016. Examinees who are wishing to apply for above said vacancies must know complete details regarding the test. Here we are providing complete details regarding the test and also helping you with Preparation Tips. People who are struggling to start preparation for the test are advised to go through the following, we are very pleased to help you.
SBI Associate Clerk Selection Process
SBI has recently changed the selection process for all the posts. Previously it conducts the written test in online mode and successful candidates will be called for personal interview. But the authority is conducting written test in two phases i.e., Preliminary and Main Exam. Candidates clearing both tests will be invited to appear for interview followed by local language test. Authority has also added sectional timings for each subject i.e., candidates have to complete each section within the limited time. Applicants will be allowed to do the second section only after completion of the first one.
- Preliminary Test
- Main Exam
- Local Language Test
Preparation Tips for SBI Jr Associates
Preliminary test comprises three sections such as English Language, Numerical Ability and Reasoning Ability. All the applicants have to score minimum marks in this test. Hence we are advising all the applicants to concentrate and practice well for the test.
Main Exam comprises questions from General/ Financial Awareness, General English, Quantitative Aptitude and Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude. This test should be completed in 2 hours 40 mins. Each section in the test will have separate timings
SBI Associate Clerk Preparation Plan
Reasoning Ability & Computer Aptitude:
- In prelims test, reasoning ability will be conducted for 35 marks however in main exam this section will have 50 questions from reasoning ability and Computer Aptitude. 45 Minutes were allotted to complete this test in the main exam.
- This section is very important aspect in both prelims and mains.
- Reasoning & Computer ability is scoring subject
- Most of the questions will be comprehensive type reasoning. A paragraph will be given with 5 questions each
- By solving one puzzle we can answer for 5 questions easily. Hence we are advising candidates to concentrate more while solving the puzzle. If the puzzle goes wrong in that then all answers will be wrong.
- Hence candidates should be very careful while solving the puzzles in this.
- For computer ability, candidates should go through the basics of computer
- This section is placing a key role in the banking exams. Every candidate are very panic regarding this section only.
- Till now, candidates have saved time from other sections and given more time to this section. But now this is not possible as authority has fixed the timings for each section
- Hence candidates have to concentrate more in this section.
- Applicants have to attempt 50 questions in 45 minutes
- So practice more number of questions
- First complete the questions related to Data Interpretation & Simplification
- Don’t consume more time on one questions.
- Don’t go for heavy calculations, use simple tricks and find out the answer easily
- Read daily English news paper
- Every day learn some new words and their meanings with synonyms
- Concentrate more on Paragraph reading and close test
- Candidates can score good marks in this test if managed the time well
General Awareness/ Financial Awareness
- This subject is main in all banking exams. Candidates who are strongly desire to get the employment in SBI should get the good marks and required more attention for this.
- Applicants should read daily current affairs and also recall the Current Affairs of last 6 months
- For financial awareness, go through deep in the subject.
- Practice more number of questions and daily take at least one or two mock tests
- Go through previous papers if available
Applicants who wish to get the employment are advised to follow above preparation tips and clear the tests. All the Best