11) Students line up in a queue in which Ashok stands fifteenth from the left and Sakthi is seventh from the right. If they interchange their places, Sakthi would be fifteenth from the right. How many students are there in the queue?
Sakthi’s new position is 15th from the right as well as the left end of the row.
Therefore number of students in the queue = ( 14 + 1 + 14 ) = 29.
12) Sugan ranks sixteenth from the top and forty ninth from the bottom in a class. How many students are there in the class?
Clearly, number of students in the class = (15 + 1 + 48) = 64.
13) Rajan ranks eighteenth in a class of 49 students. What is his rank from the last?
Number of students behind Rajan in rank = ( 49 – 18 ) = 31.
So, Rajan is 32nd from the last.
14) N ranks fifth in a class. S is eighth from the last. If T is sixth after N and just in the middle of N and S, then how many students are there in the class?
Number of students in the class = ( 4 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 5 + 1 + 7 ) = 24.
15) In a class of boys stands in a single line. One boy is nineteenth in order from both the ends. How many boys are there in the class?
Clearly, number of boys in the class = (18 + 1 + 18) = 37.