1. The Bhakti Movement was first organized by
Answer : Ramanuja
2. An example of Chola architecture cab be seen at
3. Panchantra was written by
Answer: Vishnu Sharma
4. Decimal system was introduced by
5. Who is known as the “Napoleon of India”?
6. Who was the founder of the Gupta dynasty?
Answer: Chandragupta I
7. The stone Age people had the first domestic
8. The Government invention of man in Palaeolithic Age was
9. Which was the first metal used by man?
10. Which one of the following Harappan sites had a dock?
11. The extreme form of Ahimsa or non violence is practiced in
12. The Aryans came to India from
Answer: Central Asia
13. Alexander died at
14. The Gandhi Mandapam where Gandhiji’s ashes were placed before immersion is in
15. Who introduced the system of Local boards or Local Bodies in India?
Answer: Lord Ripon
16. Who introduced the system of Local boards or Local Bodies in India?
Answer: Lord Ripon
17. Which of the following Harappan sites had a dock?
18. The Indus Valley Civilization belongs to the
Answer: Neolithic Age
19. The family of the Rig Vedic Aryans was
20. The fourth Buddhist Council was held at
21. The first Buddhist Council was held in the reign of
22. Lord Buddha was born in
23. The largest grant of villages to temples and brahmana was given by the ruling dynasty known as
Answer: The Guptas
24. Adigranth is the religious book of
25. The first President of the Republic of India was
Answer: Dr. Rajendra Prasad
26. The French Revolution took place in the year
27. Which metal was first used by the Indus people?
28. Which of the following regions did not form the part of Ashoka’s empire?
29. The founder of the first Afghan rule in India was
Answer: Ibrahim Lodi
30. The Indus Valley houses were built of
31. Who was the founder of Haryanka dynasty?
32. Who was the last ruler of Nanda dynasty?
Answer: Dhana Nanda
33. Which Indian bird or animal was widely exported during the Sangam Age?
34. Where was the central point or meeting point of Indo-Roman trade?
35. Which Sangam composition is known as ‘The Bible of Tamil Land’?
36. Who were the richest and biggest land owning class during the Sangam Age?
37. Who wrote Shilappdikaram in Sangam Literature?
Answer: Elango Adigal
38. Indra Vihara was the monastery of which religion?
39. How many literary compositions were there in Sangam Literature?
40. What was called Iravu during the Sangam Age?
Answer: Extra demands or forced gift.
41. Udiyageral was a ruler of which dynasty?
Answer: Chera dynasty
42. The students of Sangam Age were called by which name?
43. Which type of village was known as Mudur in Sangam Age?
Answer: Old village
44. Which particular site is believed to represent the meeting point of the three Sangam Kingdoms?
45. What was the state emblem of Pandya rulers?
46. Who was the composer of ‘Manimekalai’?
Answer: Sitalai Sattanar
47. Where was the second Sangam Literature held?
Answer: At Kapatapuram or Alaiway
48. What were Mauryans called by Jainism and Buddhism?
49. Who was the founder of Maurya Empire?
Answer: Chndragupta Maurya
50. What was the early name of Chanakya?