11) If P $ Q means P is the brother of Q; P # Q means P is the mother of Q; P * Q means P is the daughter of Q in A # B $ C * D, who is the father?
A is the mother of B, B is the brother of C and C is the daughter of D. Hence, D is the father.
A (Parents) D
B – is – Brother – of – C
12) Introducing Sonia, Salman says, “She is the wife of only nephew of only brother of my mother.” How Sonia is related to Salman?
Brother of mother means maternal uncle.
Hence only nephew of Salman’s maternal uncle means Salman himself.
Therefore Sonia is the wife of Salman.
13) Pointing to Vijayan, Madhav said, “I am the only son of one of the sons of his father.” How is Vijayan related to Madhav?
Answer: Father or Uncle
Madhav is the only son of one of the sons of Vijayan’s father → Either Vijayan is the father or uncle of Madhav.
14) Introducing a woman, Deepak said, “She is the mother of the only daughter of my son.” How that woman is related to Deepak?
The woman is the mother of Deepak’s granddaughter.
Hence, the woman is the daughter-in-law of Deepak.
15) Pointing to a photograph Ankita said, “He is the son of the only son of my grandfather.” How is the man in the photograph related to Ankita?
The man is son of Ankita’s grandfather’s son i.e., the son of Ankita’s father.
Hence, the boy is the brother of Ankita.
16) Pointing to a person, Ramesh said, “His only brother is the father of my daughter’s father”. How is the person related to Ramesh?
Father of Ramesh’s daughter’s father → Ramesh’s father.
Hence, the person in the brother of Ramesh’s father.
Therefore, the person is the uncle of Ramesh.
17) P is the mother of K; K is the sister of D; D is the father of J. How is P related to J?
P is the mother of K
K is the sister of D
D is the father of J.
Therefore, J is the nephew or niece of K and P is the grandmother of J.
18) Introducing a man, a woman said, “He is the only son of the mother of my mother.” How is the woman related to the man
The man is the only son of the mother of the woman. Hence, the man is the maternal uncle of the woman. So, the woman is the niece of the man.
19) Pointing to Nanapatekar, Nalni says, “I am the daughter of the only son of his grandfather.” How Nalni is related to Nanapatekar?
Nalni is the daughter of the only son of Nanapatekar’s grandfather.
Hence, it’s clear that Nalni is the sister of Nanapatekar.
20) A’s son B is married with C whose sister D is married to E the brother of B. How D is related to A?
Since E is the brother of B
Therefore, A is the father of E
but D is the wife of E.
Hence, D is the daughter-in-law of A.